Why are there rules?
Unlike other blogging services, We Heart It is a community. When you add an image to We Heart It, you're sharing it with all the other users on the site. Because of that we have to have some rules for what is allowed and what is not.
- Add you favorite images to your heart. Found an interesting image on the web? Share it on We Heart It.
- Add tags to the images you heart. That will help you and other people find the image more easily using keywords.
- Search the site for things that you like. You can find amazing images that were hearted by other users using the search field.
- Be nice and respectful to other users. Even if they're breaking the rules, otherwise you'll be breaking this rule!
- Follow users that post things you like. It's a nice way to let them know you like what they're hearting, and you get to see their updates on your home page.
- Share your favorite favorites on Twitter or Facebook. Some images are just so good we want to show to our friends on other sites, you can do that clicking on the share buttons on the image page.
- Don't heart personal images to the site. We Heart It is not a photo sharing site.
- Don't heart internet memes, everyone has seen them already and they're not really inspirational.
- Don't heart pornography. Do I really need to explain this? We Heart It is not the place for that.
- Don't spam. Don't use the site to promote your personal blog, that's annoying.
Don't heart gross things. No one wants to see that.
Please read our terms of service for more information on what is not allowed on the site.